Mortui Vivos Docent
Nobles of Commarque
These are the noble families that make up the castrum of Commarque:
The Beynac FamilyProbably the nominal owners of the site, but unlikely to be in residence most of the time.
- Maynard Beynac, who will come into possession of Commarque?
- Gaillard Beynac (1238-1272)
- Pons II de Beynac, future son and heir in 1255 to Gaillard? (1251-1300)
The de Commarque Family
- Roger de Commarque, son of the late Randulphe de Commarque, late Abbot of Sarlat
- Maria de Commarque, wife to Roger
- Richard de Commarque, son and heir of Roger